Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Recipe: J'adore Paris

J'adore Paris
Circa: 2015
 

      Tomorrow is a special day to show someone how much they mean to you and what better way to toast to a great love or friendship then with a cocktail! This delicious drink is perfect for Valentine's Day in Paris whether you are in France or Texas!
 
       To complete my Paris inspired week I wanted to add my own special touch to one of my favorite cocktails, the French 75. I was introduced to this cocktail classic on an anniversary trip to New Orleans, Louisiana. Chris and I wandered into Arnaud's French 75 Bar and several of the locals insisted that we have the bar's namesake drink. We'll as they say, when in Rome! It was delicious and has become a staple in our household. While the original is perfect I wanted to add a special touch to it in honor of Valentine's Day. 


 
For my take on the French 75 I wanted to add a little romance through the use of the Rose Brut Champagne, St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur and a flower petal garnish. I love using St. Germaine because it adds a beautiful floral sweetness to any cocktail which absolutely perfect for this romantic holiday! While these beautiful flowers are courtesy of my husband and his garden, if you don't have a green thumb (I can sympathize) you can find edible flower petals in many grocery stores today in the produce section.
 
 
I hope that you enjoy this beautiful and simple cocktail inspired by one of my favorites! Also, be sure to visit the blog next week to check out a few more of my favorite places in "I Love Paris" Part Two!
 
 Happy Valentine's Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment