Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Holiday Decorating: Halloween

Season of the Witch
Circa: 2014
 I am so excited to finally unveil my Halloween tablescape this week! I was inspired by one of my favorite movies Practical Magic and American Horror Story: Coven. I love the juxtaposition of the light, romantic and magical feel in Practical Magic with the darker and more mysterious aspects of AHS Coven. I began with an inspiration board that is pictured below!
Inspiration boards are a wonderful starting place when you are planning an event, decorating your home or for the holidays. They allow you to bring all your ideas together in a visual that you can use as a reference when shopping and decorating. For this project I knew I wanted to pull together many items that I already had in my home and even my yard. To create a more unique and personalized holiday table find and repurpose items you already have...especially those antiques hiding in the attic or on your shelves collecting dust. For this project the only items I purchased were the pumpkins and fake worms. Everything else was from previous Halloweens scattered throughout our home.
I hope you enjoy my Halloween tablescape as much as we have this season and it inspires you to create your very own wonderful and bewitching table this Halloween!

'










No comments:

Post a Comment